- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 250g basmati rice
- 600ml vegetable stock
- coriander leaves and fat-free Greek yoghurt (optional), to serve
- 100g frozen edamame / soya beans
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then add the onion, ginger and chilli, along with some seasoning.
2. Cook for 5 mins, then add the chicken and rice.
3. Cook for 2 mins more, then add the stock and bring to the boil.
4. Turn the heat to low, cover and cook for 8-10 mins until the rice is just cooked.
5. During the final 3 mins of cooking, add the edamame beans. Sprinkle some coriander leaves on top and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt, if you like.