- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup hummus
- lettuce, shredded
1. Preheat barbecue or oven to 350°F.
2. Combine oil, spices, garlic, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
3. Add chicken and thoroughly coat in marinade.
4. Cook chicken about 1 hour, basting occasionally with remaining marinade, until browned and cooked through.
5. Combine yogurt and hummus in a medium bowl.
6. Thinly slice chicken from the bone.
7. Serve with shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber and yogurt-hummus mixture, in pita bread or tortillas.